Grogg Blog Header Photo

Grogg Blog Header Photo

Thursday 17 July 2014

Collector Profile - Phil Davies


Age: 48 years old

Location: Pontypridd, South Wales
When and how did you start collecting Groggs?

Started collecting in 1997 as I'm a massive Pontypridd supporter it was a natural thing to do! 

What were the first 3 Groggs you owned?

first 3 groggs were Neil Jenkins 9" Pontypridd action figure,16" Neil Jenkins Pontypridd figure and a Dafydd James 6" wales Grogg.

Do you still own these Groggs and if not why?
Yes I still own these

What Groggs do you try to collect now?
Groggs I collect now are any Neil Jenkins (up to 23 at present) ,Lions 2013 and some special ones where possible

How many Groggs do you own?
Approx 100 including my Pontypridd minis.

What's your favourite Grogg and why?
Favourite Grogg that's a difficult question as all my Groggs are special to me but my Lions roar would probably just edge it as it is signed by 11 Lions and 2 New Zealand legends. 

Are there any Groggs you regret selling if so why?
No Groggs I have sold I regret as it was either to swap or get cash to fund something else.

Who would you love to see Grogged?
I would love to see Sam Warburton and Alun Wyn Jones 2013 holding the Lions trophy that to me would be awesome!!! So if you're reading this Mr Hughes and I will have number 1 please!!!

**Plea If anyone has a Ryan Jones 2008 Grand Slam Grogg they are willing to part with please let me know**

Now for some photographs of your collection

Photographs Courtesy of Phil Davies


Photographs Courtesy of Phil Davies

Photographs Courtesy of Phil Davies
Photographs Courtesy of Phil Davies

Photographs Courtesy of Phil Davies

Photographs Courtesy of Phil Davies

No comments:

Post a Comment