Grogg Blog Header Photo

Grogg Blog Header Photo

Monday 21 July 2014

Collector Profile - Krystian Kriescher


Age: 22 Years old 

Location: Skewen, near Neath, Wales

When and how did you start collecting Groggs?
I started collecting in 2011, I started collecting because my best mate was really into them and collected mainly Liverpool ones, I'm not a Liverpool fan but I just loved them straight away and wanted Manchester United and Welsh rugby players

What were the first 3 Groggs you owned and why in particular did you pick these?
My first three were:
The normal Shane Williams (the normal kit version of the one with his hand raised against Scotland), I wanted a Shane Williams one to be my first one because he's my all time hero really, I even used to play left wing because I wanted to be like him so much.
Then there was the Little Pea Javier Hernandez, which is still my rarest one, I had him because he was and still is my favourite United player, I wanted the Little Pea one because it looks much better with the kit all decked out in my opinion.
My third was Sir Alex Ferguson, obviously being a United fan the guy is the ultimate football icon in my eyes, he's just a god to me.

Do you still own these Groggs and if not why?
I still own all of my Groggs that I've ever owned, not that it's a big collection although I do intend on building on it as soon as possible, I don't have any intention on selling because I love all of them really, I don't see any point in the future that I'll want to either.

What Groggs do you try to collect now?
I mainly collect nine inchers, rugby and football ones, those two are my favourite sports so they are all that I'm really interested in, I'd love to have the full collection of The Beatles though, they're awesome, I'd have to buy them all together though, can you imagine having two or three and missing one or two, it'd just look wrong!

How many Groggs do you own?
16

What's your favourite Grogg and why?
I'd say it's between three for my favourite because three, Little Pea Javier Hernandez is my rarest (16/20) I think it is off the top of my head, I've got a signed Ospreys kit Shane Williams that I bought off eBay and Better Than A Slam, I love that one so much just because I think it looks the best of my ones. My all time favourite one I don't own though, it's the mini Gareth Edwards Barbarians try one, I almost bought it on eBay though, I got outbid by a tenner at the last second once which was pretty saddening, it was also on more recently on eBay and I just could not afford it, that is my ultimate Grogger goal though to own that particular piece. 

Are there any Groggs you regret selling if so why?
I've never sold one but I imagine that I'd regret selling any piece, I had an offer for my Lions Lee Byrne but the thought of letting go of any of them was too unpleasant to sell him on.

Who would you love to see Grogged?
I've been an advocate for so long, and have said on several Grogg pages in the past, that I'd love to see Warren Gatland be made into a Grogg, I can't think of a more deserving person who's not been made in to one, I mean what else can he do?! He's already coached Wasps to a Heineken Cup win, Wales to two Grand Slams, the Lions to a test series win and won Sports Personality Of The Year Coach Of The Year, I've joked in the past that he's going to have to bring peace in the Middle East to be more deserving!

Now for some photographs of your collection

Photographs Courtesy of Krystian Kriescher

Photographs Courtesy of Krystian Kriescher

Photographs Courtesy of Krystian Kriescher

Photographs Courtesy of Krystian Kriescher

No comments:

Post a Comment