Grogg Blog Header Photo

Grogg Blog Header Photo

Friday 25 July 2014

Collector Profile - Dan Thomas


Age: 29
 Location: Cardiff, South Wales

When and how did you start collecting Groggs?
I started in January this year. I have always wanted Groggs but never had the room to display them. Myself and my wife bought a house in December so as soon as we moved in I wanted to get one.

What were the first Groggs you bought and why did you pick these in particular?
My first grogg was Shane Williams. I wanted to start with a legend and Shane my favourite Wales player before he retired.  He was a player that got people on their feet every time he touched the ball.

What Groggs do you hope to purchase next?
The next Grogg I want to get is a Bruce Springsteen Grogg. I am a big Boss fan so I would love that Grogg. Also I have seen on twitter work in progress for a action George North and that looks amazing so when that comes out I will get that one as well.

How many Groggs do you currently own?
I own two Groggs Shane Williams and action Sam Warburton.

What is your favourite Grogg and why?
My favourite Grogg is action Sam as I am a huge Blues fan. I think it is a really good likeness of Sam.

Who would you love to see Grogged and Why?
Being a massive Cardiff RFC / Blues fan I would love to see the legend that is Dan Baugh made into a Grogg. He is my favourite player ever to run out at the Arms Park. I can still hear the bone crunching tackles he used to make!

And Now for some photographs of your collection:

Photograph Courtesy of Dan Thomas

Photograph Courtesy of Dan Thomas

No comments:

Post a Comment