Grogg Blog Header Photo

Grogg Blog Header Photo

Tuesday 29 July 2014

Collector Profile - Adam Brain


Age: I’m 32

Location: Nelson, Caerphilly, Wales

When did you start collecting Groggs?
I started collecting them when I was about 14.

What were the first 3 Groggs you owned and why in particular did you pick these?
My first 3 Groggs were:
Scott Quinnell
Phil Bennett
Jonathan Davies
I picked these because I used to play at number 8 and Scott was playing there at the time. Phil was a legend and I loved watching Jiffy play league and union.

Do you still own these Groggs and if not why?
Yes still got them.

What Groggs do you try to collect now?
I haven't had a Grogg for a while now but am planning on starting back up soon.

How many Groggs do you own?
I own 39 Groggs.

What's your favourite Grogg and why?
My fave is Nigel Bazani holding the cup because I was a huge Ponty fan and was there on the day they won that game.

Are there any Groggs you regret selling if so why?
I would never sell any of my Groggs, most of them are signed by the players themselves

Who would you love to see Grogged?
I really would love to have zinzan brooke as a Grogg he was my childhood hero I meet him last week and was gutted that I didnt have one of him to sign for me.

And now for some photographs of your collection:


Photographs Courtesy of Adam Brain
Photographs Courtesy of Adam Brain
Photographs Courtesy of Adam Brain

Photographs Courtesy of Adam Brain


No comments:

Post a Comment