Grogg Blog Header Photo

Grogg Blog Header Photo

Tuesday 22 July 2014

Collector Profile - Deiniol Glyn


Age: 27

Location: Aberystwyth, Wales 

When and how did you start collecting Groggs?
I received a mini Martyn Williams as a Christmas gift from my girlfriend in 2010, although I didn't really start collecting until the following year having received a mini Alun Wyn Jones that Christmas.

What were the first 3 Groggs you owned?
Mini Martyn Williams
Mini Alun Wyn Jones 
Nigel Walker

Do you still own these Groggs and if not why?
Yes. I still own all 3

What Groggs do you try to collect now?
My collection started as just a random collection of heroes/cult heroes, but I then decided to concentrate on completing the Welsh pack, which is now close to completion.  I've recently decided that I will also add some Cardiff RFC/Blues Groggs, in order to give a bit of variation to the sea of red.  I also keep am eye out for mini testimonial Groggs as well as green collared Groggs so that Nigel Walker can have some company!!! 

How many Groggs do you own?
15

What's your favourite Grogg and why?
Although a born and bread West Walian, my mother is from Cardiff and we still have family there, so we visited the capital quite often when I was young.  I remember seeing Groggs in the shop window in Cardiff, I always made my parents walk past the shop so that I could have a look at the Nigel Walker Grogg, he was my first rugby hero and I always wanted that Grogg.  Having forgotten all about Groggs in my teens, receiving my first Grogg rekindled my love of Groggs as well as jogged the memory of seeing the Nigel Walker Grogg.  I knew I had to have this Grogg somehow, so when I saw it come up on ebay, I knew I had to have him! 

Are there any Groggs you regret selling if so why?
I've never sold a Grogg.

Who would you love to see Grogged?
Deiniol Jones is probably my only cult hero that hasn't been Grogged.  As a teen I always liked Deiniol Jones and looked out for him, due to the same first name, we went to the same school (although he left before I started) and our birthday is only a day apart.   Typical teen reasons!!! Although he certainly became one of my favourite players when he signed for the Blues and was an excellent servant over the years.   

Now for some photographs of your collection:    

Photographs Courtesy of Deiniol Glyn
Photographs Courtesy of Deiniol Glyn

No comments:

Post a Comment