Grogg Blog Header Photo

Grogg Blog Header Photo

Friday 20 June 2014

Collector Profile - Sian Louise Jenkins

Age: 28

Location: Forgeside-Blaenavon, South Wales

When did you start collecting Groggs?
I bought my first Grogg in 2003

What were the first 3 Groggs you owned and why did you pick these in particular?
My very first Grogg was a mini Neil Jenkins, then as soon as I got home I ordered the 9" Neil jenkins (as I had seen it in the shop and loved it) so that was my second Grogg. My third Grogg was a mini Shane Williams (Young Shane)
Back then I was a huge fan of Neil and I still am. I love the fact that we have the same surname and he is just an amazing player and number 10. And as for Shane, even back then you could see he was a legend in the making.

Do you still own these Groggs?
Yes, still own those Groggs, I won't part with those.

What Groggs do you collect now?
I mainly collect 9" Welsh Rugby players and I will have the odd special, but it depends on the player, I also collect the mini players too.

How many Groggs do you currently own?
At this moment I own 78, that a mixture of mini's, 9" and 9" specials. I also have 2 Grand Slam Groggs and Groggmore (have a few to collect from the shop too)

What is your favourite Grogg?
My favourite Grogg is Diolch Shane, it marks a very special day in Welsh Rugby history and it's an amazing grogg, I just love it! He's closely followed by by 7 Lee Byrne Groggs. 

Are there any Groggs you regret selling?
None that I regret selling, I only ever sold 2. One I bought off of ebay, then after a while decided to see to buy a grogg I really wanted and the other was a club non Welsh player. I decided to sell him to buy a Shane Williams.

Who would you love to see Grogged?
Would love to see an Action Lee Byrne, but can't see it happening. Think a WArren Gatland Grogg would be good and maybe a Sonny Bill Williams Grogg.

Now for some photos of your Groggs:








No comments:

Post a Comment