Grogg Blog Header Photo

Grogg Blog Header Photo

Thursday 19 June 2014

Collector Profile - Neil Jones


Age: 36

Location: Beddau , close to Pontypridd, South Wales

When and how did you start collecting Groggs?
Misses at time bought me a Grogg for my birthday. Think was 2003 or 2004.

What were the first 3 Groggs you owned and why did you pick these in particular?
Craig Quinnell was my first Grogg as he was my favourite player at the time.
I then bought Scott and Derek Quinnell to have whole family

Do you still own these Groggs?
Yes, Still got them all

What Groggs do you collect now?
At moment I still collect virtually all rugby Groggs I can afford

How many Groggs do you currently own?
Roughly 300

What is your favourite Grogg?
Craig Quinell my first Grogg and also a JPR action Grogg in Bridgend kit

Are there any Groggs you regret selling?
Not really I’ve only ever sold four Groggs and that was mainly to help another collector who was desperate for them. I'm not really Into selling Groggs

Who would you love to see Grogged?
I would have loved to have seen a Joe Calzaghze Grogg I was a huge fan of his . Also a 9 inch Gareth Wyatt Grogg as I grew up with Gareth and we were best mates as kids I’ve got five Groggs of him in different kits.

Now for some photos of your Groggs:


No comments:

Post a Comment