Grogg Blog Header Photo

Grogg Blog Header Photo

Thursday 19 June 2014

Collector Profile - Carl Lewis


Age: 45

Location: Treforest, South Wales

When and how did you start collecting Groggs?
I originally started buying Groggs in 1996 but at that point not really collecting that started in 2012

What were the first 3 Groggs you owned and why did you pick these in particular?
Baz with Swalec Cup 1996 Pontypridd kit

Neil Jenkins with League trophy 1997 Pontypridd kit

9” Neil Jenkins in a Wales kit

I went for these Groggs as I am a massive Ponty fan

Do you still own these Groggs?
No. In 2005 my youngest son was born and he has Down Syndrome I spent a lot of time off work in his first few month of life and I needed some cash quick, so I sold the Groggs.

What Groggs do you collect now?
I collect the Pontypridd minis and have started collecting the Wales 1999 minis but I will buy anything that I like, some Wales 9”, Grand slam Sam, Better than a slam, Recall of 99

How many Groggs do you currently own?
About 75 at the moment but there are some personalised Groggs in that lot e.g. Wedding bride and groom bears, sheep with messages on etc

What is your favourite Grogg?
Two different ones, for different reasons. The Most Capped Gethin Jenkins, it is just an amazing piece of art and also Grand Slam Sam, which not only commemorates the Grand Slam but also the amazing family day we had at the Wales v France game. so makes the Grogg even more special.

Are there any Groggs you regret selling?
The first three that I bought, at the time of selling I never realised how special they were and regret it every time I see my friends Facebook page because he makes a huge point of showing them off.

Who would you love to see Grogged?
My cousin and her husband (Nyree & Sascha Kindred ) are Paralympic swimmers and over the last 18 year have had some amazing success, at Paralympic and world championships.

Now for some photos of your Groggs:









No comments:

Post a Comment