Grogg Blog Header Photo

Grogg Blog Header Photo

Thursday 19 June 2014

Collector Profile - Jonathan Fry

Age: 25

Location: Llandaf, Cardiff, South Wales

When and how did you start collecting Groggs?
My Mother introduced me to Groggs, we always had a vintage Welsh dragon Grogg at home. On my 18th birthday she bought me vintage Groggs of Terry Holmes Steve Fenwick.

What were the first 3 Groggs you owned?
The first 3 Groggs I purchased from the shop were:
9" Jonathan Davies
9" Jamie Roberts
9" Leigh Halfpenny (First Mould)

Do you still own these Groggs?
Yes, still own them all

What Groggs do you collect now?
I try to collect a mixture of vintage and new Groggs. In particular, I keep an eye out for special limited edition Groggs.

How many Groggs do you currently own?
53

What is your favourite Grogg?
Phil Bennett's Try (1978) because it's such an unusual pose for a Grogg and full of character. 

Are there any Groggs you regret selling?
No as I haven’t sold any of mine

Who would you love to see Grogged?
Warren Gatland deserves to be Grogged. I am a fan of a number of young players such as Rhys Patchell, Harry Robinson and Matthew Morgan but we will have to see how they develop, fingers crossed they will be Grogged one day!

In terms of non-rugby Groggs I would love to see stand-up comedy Groggs featuring Rhod Gilbert and Lee Evans 

Now for some photos of your Groggs:


No comments:

Post a Comment