Grogg Blog Header Photo

Grogg Blog Header Photo

Friday 27 June 2014

Collector Profile - Andy Taylor

Age: 29

Location: Oxford, England

When did you start collecting Groggs?
April 2012, My parents have always been big Neath rugby fans and when i was younger we would sometimes travel down on a Saturday for the matches via the Grogg shop, i knew the first time i went in i wanted to collect Groggs when i was older.

What were the first 3 Groggs you owned?
The first three Groggs I bought were: 
9" Dan Lydiate
9" Action Gavin Henson
9" Leigh Halfpenny

Do you still own these Groggs?
Yes I still own them

What Groggs do you collect now?
I collect 9" Groggs of mainly Welsh players, i also have a few footballers and did start a Ospreys collections, but have only managed two because of the embargo on club Groggs.

How many Groggs do you currently own?
I own 42

What is your favourite Grogg and why?
Has to be the two Ospreys Groggs I have, Gavin Henson and Adam Jones. Mainly because the rarity of the pair, i also think they're two of the best moulds Richard has created. I Also love my Diolch Shane and Leigh Halfpenny Groggs.

Are there any Groggs you regret selling?
No, Not really I've only sold two Groggs and I've got a fair price for both, i can also pick both up at the shop still.

Who would you love to see Grogged?
I would love a modern take on Gareth Llewellyn, maybe a Grogg with his brother Glyn, as both were my favourite players growing up and i don't own a Gareth Grogg as yet. Rob Brydon as well maybe.


Now for some photos of your Groggs:





No comments:

Post a Comment