Grogg Blog Header Photo

Grogg Blog Header Photo

Wednesday 25 June 2014

Collector Profile - Andy Hopkins

Age: 49

Location: Pontypridd, South Wales

When did you start collecting Groggs?
I saw them when I studied at University of Glamorgan in 1995 but was a skint student so had to wait a few years to buy one

What were the first 3 Groggs you owned and why did you pick these in particular?
The first three Groggs I bought were: 
Jonny Wilkinson 
Lawrence Dallaglio 
Martin Johnson with Clive Woodward and the Web Ellis Trophy
I bought these because I am a proud Englishmen and it also was around the time we won the RWC2003

Do you still own these Groggs?
No I do not - I sold all of these within the last 12months as I wanted to focus on Football Groggs

What Groggs do you collect now?
Football Groggs related to Manchester United, England and any players I admire

How many Groggs do you currently own?
18
 
What is your favourite Grogg?
Very Difficult to answer as many are very low editions - would probably have to be either my Wondergoal Wayne Rooney as only 10 exist - I have No1 and I personally gave no10 to Wazza himself to keep - followed closely by Richard's Magnificent 15inch George Best in '68 strip no 1of 7

Are there any Groggs you regret selling?
Would be nice to have my Jonny Wilkinson Lions back but the money has been invested in my Children's future instead

Who would you love to see Grogged?
Other than a 16inch Wayne Rooney, Ronaldo or Beckham it would have to be a Swallow Diving Chris Ashton

Now for some photos of your Groggs:

Photograph Courtesy of Andy Hopkins

Photograph Courtesy of Andy Hopkins

Photograph Courtesy of Andy Hopkins

Photograph Courtesy of Andy Hopkins

Photograph Courtesy of Andy Hopkins

Photograph Courtesy of Andy Hopkins


No comments:

Post a Comment