Grogg Blog Header Photo

Grogg Blog Header Photo

Thursday 19 June 2014

Collector Profile - Lee Davies


Age: 32

Location: Blaenavon, South Wales

When and how did you start collecting Groggs?
I started collecting in 2011 after seeing a friend’s collection and being very impressed.

What were the first 3 Groggs you owned?
Lions Jamie Roberts
Wales Ryan Jones
Lions Mike Phillips

Do you still own these Groggs?
No, these Groggs have been sold now to make way for new Groggs. Some have been replaced with later or rarer versions of the players.

What Groggs do you collect now?
I previously used to get all of the Groggs which were released in the Welsh kits, however I have now sold the majority of my Welsh Groggs as I like to focus my collection around British Lions, Barbarians, Club Kits and Special Editions. I mainly collect the rugby Groggs but have a few footballers and non sporting Groggs.

How many Groggs do you currently own?
I own around 50 Groggs mostly 9”

What is your favourite Grogg?
I recently purchased a unique Gethin Jenkins Grogg in a charity auction. This is probably my favourite Grogg due to the level of detail. It is painted in a fully branded Wales kit with all of the badges and intricate detail. It’s also number 1/1 so I am the only one who will ever own one. Gethin is also one of my favourite players so makes the Grogg even more special.

Are there any Groggs you regret selling?
I previously owned a special edition of New Zealand’s captain Richie McCaw called “Centurion McCaw”. I sold this to make way for other Groggs but is definitely one I would like to have back given the chance as it is a brilliant Grogg.

Who would you love to see Grogged?
I would love to see a Grogg made of Richard Hughes. The shop is celebrating 50 years in business in 2015 and what better way to celebrate than to have a Grogg made of the man who produces all of the fantastic Groggs these days.

Now for some photos of your Groggs:









No comments:

Post a Comment