Grogg Blog Header Photo

Grogg Blog Header Photo

Friday 10 October 2014

Collector Profile - Sandra Brittain


Age: 61
Location: Morriston, Wales
When and how did you start collecting Groggs? How did you come to hear about the Groggshop?
I have been a collector for a number of years. Being English I am an avid supporter of English rugby but as I live in Wales will support the Welsh team as long as they are not playing England! My first Grogg was Will Carling a leaving present from work---I cannot remember how I heard about the Grogg shop but do remember going there years ago to purchase the Grogg of Will Carling.
What were the first 3 Groggs you owned and why in particular did you pick these?
My First Grogg was Will Carling followed by Two Groggs of Shane Williams as I am a huge fan of Shane.
Do you still own these Groggs and if not why?
Yes. I have since added more of Shane, Leigh Halfpenny, Brian O'Driscoll etc and have also been able to purchase some of the England World Cup winning team.
What Groggs do you try to collect now?
I collect mostly National Team Groggs. Although I did have a Shane Williams Osprey Grogg which I sold.
How many Groggs do you own?
I currently have 16 Groggs and one on its way--of Shane of course!

What's your favourite Grogg and why?
My favourite has to be Jonny Wilkinson, then Diolch Shane, followed by Leigh Halfpenny's golden boot special edition.
Are there any Groggs you regret selling if so why?
None I regret selling
Who would you love to see Grogged?
I would love to see a Jonny Wilkinson retirement Grogg.

And now for some photographs of your collection:

Photograph Courtesy of  Sandra Brittain

Photograph Courtesy of  Sandra Brittain
 

No comments:

Post a Comment