Grogg Blog Header Photo

Grogg Blog Header Photo

Thursday 9 October 2014

Collector Profile - Phillip Mears


Age: 47

Location: Cardiff, South Wales
 
When and how did you start collecting Groggs? How did you come to hear about the Groggshop?
I got given my first Grogg (Neil Jenkins 1000pts) as a birthday/ new house present in October 2001. I've known about Groggs for years before then and even remember seeing them for sale in David Morgans arcade, and then discovered the shop.

What were the first 3 Groggs you owned?
Neil Jenkins 1000pts, Rob Howley & Craig Morgan, due to my support of Cardiff RFC and liking these Groggs.
Do you still own these Groggs and if not why?
I still own all Groggs I've ever purchased or been given.
What Groggs do you try to collect now?
I have most of the current Welsh team and try to keep up to date with the national team ones, as well as any Cardiff City, Liverpool and/or Wales football ones.
How many Groggs do you own?
My current collection is 50 Groggs & 2 Christmas decorations
What's your favourite Grogg?
I like them all but think the Ian Rush (Wales) & Kenny Dalglish (Liverpool) are my favourites as they were very high up on my football heroes during the 80s.

Are there any Groggs you regret selling if so why?
No as I have never sold any
Who would you love to see Grogged?
Football - John Toshack, Bob Paisley, David Marshall, Neville Southall
Music - the Manics, Mike Peters of the Alarm, Bono
Film/TV - Robin Williams, Rick Mayall, jimmy Carr

Now for some photographs of your collection:

Photograph Courtesy of Phillip Mears

Photograph Courtesy of Phillip Mears

Photograph Courtesy of Phillip Mears

Photograph Courtesy of Phillip Mears

No comments:

Post a Comment