Grogg Blog Header Photo

Grogg Blog Header Photo

Tuesday 27 January 2015

Collector Profile - Mike Pouse Davies


Age: 47

Location: Neath, South Wales

When and how did you start collecting Groggs? How did you come to hear about the Groggshop?
I started collecting about 5 years ago when I picked up a Grogg at a market stall in Neath Market, which the Groggshop supplied at the time.

What were the first 3 Groggs you owned?
Mefin Davies because he was the only non regional player playing for Wales at the time. Duncan Jones because he is awesome and Gareth Edwards because I used to work with him years ago.

Do you still own these Groggs and if not why?
Yep, still own them all plus many more.

What Groggs do you try to collect now?
Only the smaller ones (minis) because they are much easier to keep together. I only tend to go for the ones I really like – hence I have quite a few!

How many Groggs do you own?
I own 22 Groggs altogether.

What's your favourite Grogg?
Well that’s a hard one at the moment, but I’d probably have to go with Richard Hibbard as he is a beast who gives his all.

Are there any Groggs you regret selling if so why?
Not yet, as I still own them all

Who would you love to see Grogged and why?
A bit too late now but I would have loved a Filo Tia Tia mini, the shop only made him in the 9” version.

Now for some photographs of your collection:

Photograph Courtesy of Mike Pouse Davies

Photograph Courtesy of Mike Pouse Davies

Photograph Courtesy of Mike Pouse Davies

Photograph Courtesy of Mike Pouse Davies

No comments:

Post a Comment