Grogg Blog Header Photo

Grogg Blog Header Photo

Monday 23 February 2015

Collector Profile - Gary Thomas


Age: 40

Location: Sydney, New South Wales, Australia 

When and how did you start collecting Groggs?
I started collecting back in 2011. When my wife and I got married we decided to decorate our tables with a mini Welsh player Grogg on each one.

What were the first 3 Groggs you owned and why in particular did you pick these?
A little more than 3 Groggs were purchased for the wedding. We had a number of the Welsh mini player Groggs, Wedding Dragon Grogg and the Scott Gibbs “Perfect Day” Grogg which was quite fitting for a number of reasons!

Do you still own these Groggs and if not why?
Yes we still own all of these Groggs

What Groggs do you try to collect now?
I tend to go for the current players but also keen on a few of the players from the 80s
 
How many Groggs do you own?
I currently own 16 Groggs (including the Dragons)
 
What's your favourite Grogg?
Probably would say it is the Scott Gibbs “Perfect Day” Grogg
 
Are there any Groggs you regret selling if so why?
I haven’t sold any so far

Who would you love to see Grogged?
Can’t think of anyone off of the top of my head, the Groggshop have produced everyone I wanted so far!

And now for some photographs of your collection:

Photograph Courtesy of Gary Thomas

Photograph Courtesy of Gary Thomas
 

No comments:

Post a Comment